cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No speed dials on 7914 (7960 + 2 7914 expansion modules)

MaximBudyonny
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Lab environment:

CCM 4.1(3)sr5b

7960G + 2 (7914)

I've added 7960 to the CCM with filed

Expansion Module Information->Module1,2 set to 7914 and Phone Button Template set to Standard 7960 (step by step as described in Cisco IP Phone 7960G and 7940G Administration Guide).

Both 7914 modules are powered on. Lines are displayed on the screens. Contrast on modules can be set through 7960. On another words 7960 can see expansions.

With only exception in 7960's expansion modules statistics menu I can see that there are some RX Length errors on modules.

But when I'm trying to add speed dials to expansion modules. (I'm doing it clicking Add/Update Speed Dials on a Phone Configuration CCM page) I've got standard window with “4 Speed Dial Settings on Phone” and “5-99 Speed Dial Settings not associated with a button” and no possibility to add speed dials for expansion modules. I can add speed dial numbers/labels, but of course they don't appear on expansion modules (I think that this speed dials are associated only with 7960).

How can I add speed dials to expansions? Where is an error in my configuration?

P.S. Also I've noticed strange thing. I can't find Phone button template for 7914 in the list of available Phone button Templates in CCM (Device-Device Settings-Phone Button Templates)

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Maxim,

When you search for Phone Button Templates did you check Page 2 and 3? There should be a Standard 7914 Button Template and a Default 7914 Button Template. If those are there, then use one of them (Standard should be all Speed Dials) in the next config (in the Expansion Module section). Here is an example :)

Phone Button and Expansion Module Template Information

Phone Button Template* 7960 - Six Line

Expansion Module 1 Standard 14-Button Expansion Module

Expansion Module 2 Standard 14-Button Expansion Module

Once this has been set you should see the ability to Add/Update Speed Dials properly.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hello Rob,

I've searched for phone button templates that contains 7914 and carefully inspected all search result pages.

I even tried to compose phone button template for 7914 by myself. But without success.

Hello,

After series of experiments with a selfconfigured Phone button templates (derived from Standard 7960 Phone Button template) and setting this template as Phone Button Template I've got some results. %-)

i.e. Speed dials appears on expansion module.

But I need to know:

- where is a default phone button template for 7914?

- are my experiments normal or just inventing the bicycle.

Hi Maxim,

You shouldn't have to do any of that :( There should be at least one selection in the Button Templates for "Standard 7914". This is a base Template that cannot be deleted (only copied).

In the Device Defaults page is the 7914 listed? And if so, what other info is shown for the 7914 on this page?

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: