cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prefixing Digits on Calling Party Mask

jgentsch
Level 1
Level 1

I have an integration with a PBX using CCM6.1. DID's for the Cisco phones are routed from the PSTN, to the PBX, and across this integration. Calls from PBX phones are also routed across this integration. I want to prefix '21' on the CLID only if the CLID is a 4 digit number from another PBX phone and not from the PSTN. The issue here is I could globally do this for all 'Subscriber' calls and be done but I need to integrate with multiple PBX's and each integration would have to prefix a different 2-digit number to the a PBX call.

Is the only way for me to do this is with a H323 gateway and translation on there?

2 Replies 2

Aaron Dhiman
Level 2
Level 2

Absolutely. Using H.323, you should be able to do it on the inbound dial-peer. Use "voice translation-rule" and "voice translation-profile":

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Theres no reason you cant do this with MGCP and translation patterns also.

Just create dedicated CSS's for your MGCP circuits and include the relevant translation patterns.

Cheers,

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: