cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking selecting subnets

martinUpchu
Level 1
Level 1

I've setup user tracking to only collect from certain subnets (under user tracking > acquision > configure subnet acquisition).

It's set to collect do a mojor acquision every 4 hours and minors every 30 minutes.

The data I see in CM includes subnets that I wanted to exclude, so I am not sure what is going on. I made sure to apply the settings, and I checked the aniserver.properties and can see my list of subnets in it.

We would like to limit the tracking to just our coporate network, and keep the tracking out of the datacenter (for now, until we are sure we won't impact production in any way) . . .

Also when I add a new device (and it has a new subnet) will user tracking complain that I need to run the initial collection of subnets again?

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post your ANIServer.properties as well as an example entry which should not be appearing in User Tracking.

here is the file and a SS of the a couple of the entries.

What is the IP address of the switch to which these end hosts connect?

What is the last seen timestamp for these hosts? It appears that they should be properly filtered. And if you delete them, they should not come back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: