cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blade Switch 3020 for HP restore factory defaults

sdrossen2
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with a cbs3020 for HP. I have two and got the first one setup without issue. In setting up the 2nd one something happened. I have a theory that I ran:

aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ local enable

aaa accounting commands 0 default start-stop group tacacs+

aaa accounting commands 1 default start-stop group tacacs+

aaa accounting commands 15 default start-stop group tacacs+

aaa accounting connection default start-stop group tacacs+

but had NOT run

tacacs-server host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

then realized that I had not updated the IOS to crypto so I copied running to startup and loaded the new IOS, rebooted the switch and now I can not login. It boots just fine and asks for a username. Does not matter what I enter but after I press enter it just sits there. It never prompts for a password. It just looks as if it is locked up but still responds to pings. I can telnet in and get the username prompt but again it never prompts for password or timeouts. All that being said anyone know of a solution for that? I was just going to restore to factory defaults but can not find any documentation on how to do that, anyone know how to restore it when I can not login?

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Plug pc into service port . then follow the directions for 2950 password recovery . You can either power down the switchcard thru the management module or just pull the card out . Send a break sequence within 15 seconds of power on , then follow directions from when the switch enters rommon, you will see the switch: prompt.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_password_recovery09186a0080094184.shtml

Following the 2950 info worked perfect, thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: