Views
Helpful
Replies

Close option of the Callhandler goes to the voicemail

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello guys,

I am facing a weird issue. I have a Call handler with a custom schedule. The standard option of the schedule works fine but as soon as I change the schedule to simulate the close hours it goes directly to the voicemail. I know it's too easy for you but I don't seem to be able to resolve the issue. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

20 Replies 20

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

Do you have a greeting configured for the closed greeting? And is your action after the handler plays is to go to VM?

There's no greeting recorder for the close option. The call handler should ring to an external number but it doesn't. Even if I replace the external number with a four digits internal number it doesn't seem to see the number and goes directly to the VM. Please note the standard option is working fine.

Thanks,

MK

Anybody has any idea?

Thanks,

MK

Try this instead. Under closed greeting of your handler set the greeting to blank. Then after greeting attempt transfer to a new call handler that you create that will transfer to your external number.

That's axactly how it's configured but it's not working. Where else do I need to look?

Thanks,

MK

Look at your transfer rules. I think by default you will be unable to call a pstn number.

Not sure which version of unity you have, but check this out.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/401/administration/guide/ex/SAG_0240.html#wp1045072

I am not even using a PSTN number. In order to isolate the problem I am using 4 digits internal number but as soon as we dial the pilole number it goes directly to the voice mail. I know it's very strange but this is what it is. The standard option has exactly the same config, the standard one is working fine but the close doesn't.

Thanks,

MK

You mentioned external number, so I was thinking PSTN

Sorry for that. I changed it to 4 digites internal number just to isolate the issue. It's still not working. Any ideas pleaes?

Thanks,

You should still look at your transfer rules. In Unity 5.x they are more restricted. You may have to put in the actual number for it transfer in the transfer rules. It will block almost all numbers by default. If the number is in the subscriber database, it will transfer. If the number is NOT, it will block it. So if your extensions are 2000-2099, you will need a rule to allow 2*** to transfer to callmanager.

How do you know it works? Dial into Unity, when you dial a subsriber from the default Opening Greeting, unity should say "Please wait while try that extension or transfer" (something like) and transfer.

If you punch a 4 digit number and it's NOT a subscriber mailbox number, it should deny you.

You have to add those patterns in manually for this to work.

hope this helps

Thanks for the reply,

I am using unity 4.2. I don't think I have a call routing issue because in the standard option of the call handler I am ringing extension 8604 which is the Pilot number of a hunt group and it works fine. In the close option of the CH I am ringing extension 8916 which is my own extension but as soon as I change the schedule to simulate the close option it goes directly to the voice mail of the pilot number. It can't be a call routing problem because it rings 8604 but not 8916. Although I allowed the 8916 in the restriction table but no luck. There's something with the sechedule but I don't seem to be able to figure it out.

Thanks,

under your transfer call handler, what schedule do you have currently? I am thinking it should be all hours all days as open, because any time you go to it, you want it to be available anyway.

I have created a custom schedule called HelpDesk-Open and this is the active schedule for the call Handler. I also tried the All hours All Days but no luck. This is driving me crazy man. I am sure it's something very small that I don't see.

Thanks,

MK

Any other ideas? Please

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: