cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing a specific VLAN out a separate default gateway(ISP)

aking
Level 1
Level 1

We have a switched network running OSPF with numerous VLANS all funneling out one default gateway for our internet/outside access.

We have had a Comcast cable modem installed to use as a separate internet gateway for Vendors and for out IT departmental testing.

I have set up a port as a router interface off a Layer 3 switch and I want to route all traffic from a specific VLAN on our campus out that interface, however, that VLAN and the routed interface is picked up by OSPF and included in the routing table. I've tried to use a route-map and tell that subnet to go out the routed interface and use the comcast device IP as it's gateway, but it's still routing the traffic internally. I'm stumped. How do I specify a separate default gateway and route for that specific traffic?

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have this configured already. What is it that I'm doing wrong?

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/16

no switchport

ip address 10.1.10.2 255.255.255.0

ip access-group 121 in

ip route-cache policy

speed 100

duplex full

no mdix auto

interface Vlan201

ip address 172.XX.XXXre.1 255.255.255.0

!

access-list 121 permit ip 172.XX.XXX.0 0.0.0.255 any log

route-map comcast permit 10

match ip address 121

set interface GigabitEthernet1/0/16

set ip next-hop 10.1.10.1

I've tried to type "ip policy route-map comcast" on my gig 1/0/16 interface, but it doesn't show. Am I typing it in the wrong place?

The policy must be place in the ingress interface, in your case interface Vlan201

You also need to remove the log from the ACL, not supported for PBR.

Thanks! I'll give that a shot. Need to load SDM routing template though it appears. have to give it a try over the weekend. Thank you for your quick response. Much appreciated...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco