ccna - without work experience

Unanswered Question
Feb 15th, 2008

Hi,

I am based in Bangalore, INDIA.

I wish to do my CCNA certification.

I have done A+ and N+, but I do not have any work experience in IT field.

Should I complete my CCNA now and then search for a job or look for a job right now? Please suggest.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
Danilo Dy Sat, 02/16/2008 - 06:28

IMHO, you can take and passed any written exam and get certified without work experience related to it if you have the time and budget.

Having CCNA without work experience, you will get posted to the job related to it faster than those without both of them.

zaherhamiyah Sat, 02/16/2008 - 09:55

my dear, experience experience experience is a great factor to succeed in real life but studying low level/entry level certificates does not need a great experience. if it exists this would be great. if not you can pass the CCNA exam with hard work and deduction and goal to pass the exam.

all you need is to study/perpare well for the exam.

read a lot how to study for CCNA, how to pass CCNA, what cisco wants from you to learn from CCNA.

since you finished A+ and N+, this is a good start for you. It is not wrong to start searching for a job while you are studying for CCNA.

go to this link (http://zaherhamiyah.com/howtosucceed.aspx) to know how to succeed.

grs2008ccna Sun, 02/17/2008 - 05:31

Thank you for the valuable guidance.

I am not an MCSE. With just CCNA, will I be able to get a job? Please suggest.

jcrussell Sun, 02/17/2008 - 08:18

Experience is almost always more valuable than certifications, all other things being equal. You already have the A+ and Net+, which are 2 common entry level certs, now go get an entry level IT job and work on the CCNA while at that job.

I started as a Java developer, moved to Windows/Exchange admin, then over to network engineering. I got the CCNA while doing the Windows gig, then did my CCNP, CCIE, and others while doing the network engineer thing.

Actions

This Discussion