cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing TSP on Vista (call manger 5.1)

w.rana
Level 1
Level 1

I installed TSP on Vista machine, but when I go to phone, modem and advance properties, I see Cisco.tsp when I try to configure it. When I tried to configure Cisco.tsp and put the call manager IP address, I was unable to save that page.If anyone has installed Cisco. on Vista machine, please guide me how to do it. Thanks.

8 Replies 8

scotteturner
Level 1
Level 1

I am running into thissame problem. Where you able to get this working? Is there a new version of the TSP software that I need to install for Vista?

Thanks!

Scott

kdamisch
Level 1
Level 1

Did you have any problems with the telephony service in Vista? Our goal is to be able to dial from Outlook. I am trying to troubleshoot an issue for a customer running Vista, so I tried it on my Vista laptop. We are running CUCM 6.1, and after I installed the TSP, I have the same problem as the customer, which is this:

The telephony service in Vista does not start and when we try to start it manually, it says:

"Windows could not start the Telephony service on Local Computer."

"Error 1079: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process."

I did some searches on here and the web, tried the suggestions, but nothing works.

And, with the Telephony service not started, you can't go into Phone and Modem Options in the Control Panel to configure the TSP.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin,

I was told by TAC (even though they don't support this feature) thatthe current software does not work on Vista and that they are working on a version that does. I have not heard if they released a version for Vista yet or not.

Sorry I can't be of more assitance. But if you find a version that does work, please let me know.

Scott

Do you know if they said the one that comes with 5.x or 6.x wouldn't work in Vista?

I know the one I trried with 5.1 did not work. They did not mention 6 as I was not running that version. However, they seemed to imply that no version was working with Vista.

I have had the same problems with Vista and 5.1. We upgraded to 6.1 last night and I can confirm that I can now dial out of outlook with the new tsp driver.

Do you know what version of the drive you are using? Can this be downloaded from Cisco without upgrading to 6.1?

6.1(0.10) is the TSP version. I didn't find it when I looked but I didn't look that hard as I knew we would be upgrading.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: