Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure WIC Adsl in corporate router for Internet connectivity

basheerpt
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following scenario:

We have a Cisco 2811 router in my HO which is used for corporate data network.

All the branch offices connect to this router through an MPLS data network.

Now, I would like to give some of the users access the Citrix Web interface.

I will add one WIC ADSL in the 2811 router for this purpose only, which

will be connecting to internet. It has public IP also.

Now, How do i configure the 2811 router to address this scenario? How do I give access the internet users and corporate users to the server (citrix) without changing the default gateway of the webserver?

Please provide me a step by step configuration to setup the WIC and routing as i dont have enough experience in Cisco

Thanks for any input.

13 Replies 13

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

first of all, if you don't have experience in cisco, you need to hire someone that does, else it will be very difficult for you to get it working.

Then, on the router connected to the internet, you forward some ports to the internal server. And the default gateway of it, must have default route to said internet router.

In any case, write back when you have the hardware and the circuit working.

Thanks P.B,

I have working knowledge on cisco routers but when it comes complicated configurations I need a push.

The WIC ADSL is inserted and shows OK, Please advise what to do next, as mentioned.

Regards

Have you been given an username/password for the DSL ? Or a static address perhaps ?

Yes, its done. both pap and chap has given and CD is ok.

Let's try first with PPPoA that has no MTU reduction:

int atm0

pvc x/y <-- You need to know vp/vc values

encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer

dialer pool-member 1

interface dialer 0

dialer pool 1

dialer-group 1

ip address negotiated

ip nat outside

ppp pap sent-username xxx password zzzz

ppp ipcp dns request

ppp ipcp default route

int fa0/0

ip nat inside

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

ip nat inside static tcp 80 interface dialer 1 8000

Note you must be able to ping citrix from router for this to work.

Hi P.b,

I already have three dialer interfaces (ADSL) which is used to connect branch offices. So should i change , dialer, pool, group numbers to 3?

Is that all configurations have i to apply? Please provide if anything left in your previous post. I am going to apply the changes and test it today evening, while the users are out.

Thanks again

Where do you have the dialer interfaces ? Do you have other dsl interface in the same router ?

The config should be enough to let people acces internal web server from outside.

The other interfaces are in same router. I have three dsl wics on it. The new one will be forth.

So yes you need a new dialer interface to keep setting separate.

Thanks, so it will be dialer3 and bridgegroup 3, right?

Dear p.b,

where will i put the DNS server addresses for this internet connection? which interface?

Hi,

do not worry about putting any DNS server for this connection, router doesn't need DNS.

The 'ppp ipcp default route' command doesnt accept in the dialer interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco