CCNA and CCNP with simulator

Unanswered Question
Feb 17th, 2008

Hi. Could someone tell me whether can I study and pass the CCNA and CCNP with router simulators. Thank you,

Ram

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
Istvan_Rabai Sun, 02/17/2008 - 21:14

Hi Ram,

Only you can tell your abilities to accomplish anything.

I passed CCNA by practicing on router simulators only.

CCNP is a high level grade, in my opinion it is hard to pass it without actual experience on routers and switches.

But this is just an opinion.

Cheers:

Istvan

royalblues Tue, 02/19/2008 - 20:03

You need a valid Cisco service contract to download IOS from the CIsco website

Narayan

I would disagree regarding the ability to pass the CCNP exams with router simulators. I truly believe that if you study hard enough and work on the router simulators... then you can pass any test.

The test sims are based upon basic scenarios that the simulators cover and the rest is all book study.

I will not deny that if you have hands on experience... it will not hurt you but then again the hands on experience will certainly confuse you during the testing scenario.

n.ramkumar Wed, 02/20/2008 - 05:39

I really appreciate your reply. But the simulators have standard lab scenarios that are enough for passing the exams. Right?

Ram

dbeare Wed, 02/20/2008 - 07:46

No offense, but just being able to do lab simulators doesn't mean you can figure things out in the real world. In that aspect, I don't think there is any substitute for hands on experience with real equipment. Being able to set up and troubleshoot the real thing is completely different than being able to go through and do some lab scenarios. Yes, they help, but if you are working for your CCNP level then you really do need hands on experience. That is my opinion at least.

Actions

This Discussion