cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Address in User Tracking

sathappan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a LMS 2.6. In the User Tracking, I am getting all the MAC address of all the PC's connected to a switch, but the UT is not fetching the IP address.

The gateway of these PC's are VLAN's in 6500 switch. This 6500 switch is discovered correctly.

Please give me some idea.

Thanks

sathappan

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By discovered correctly, I assume you mean that it has been Data Collected correctly, and is showing as green with the proper icon on the topology map. If so, check the SNMP configuration on this switch to make sure there are no views which exclude the ipNetToMediaTable, and make sure the ARP cache is properly populated.

If all that checks out, you will need to enable vmpsadmin debugging under Campus Manager > Campus Data Collection > Debugging Options, run a new acquisition, then post the ut.log along with a sample MAC entry which is missing its IP, and the IP address and hostname of the device that should be providing the IP.

hansheger
Level 1
Level 1

Are those switches joining the same vtp domain?

It is possible that CW SNMP MIB can't read the arp table.

We use a cisco FW blade in a 6500, and I have the same problems (snmp mib ??) in the DMZ. Internal everything is ok

Hans

Your problem is different. Campus Manager does not support the FWSM, and thus any ARP entries on that blade will not be shown in UT unless another, supported device contains the entries as well.