cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.x to 5.0 Upgrade --- How many accounts do I need to know?

tomtom001
Level 1
Level 1

I am upgrading a Unity system (unified communications with Exchange 2003) that was set up by someone else from 4.x to 5.0. I have the login account and password for the OS (windows administrator), and I also have the account for the Unity web administration. Other than that, I do not know any other accounts or passwords. There is someone else that administrates the Exchange side of the configuration. Do you know if I will encounter any problems with the upgrade, or a way for me to check the other possible accounts used for the Unity Installation?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

efisher
Level 1
Level 1

You can check the exchange delegation. You should see some untiy accounts in there if they set it up right. You can also run the permission wizzard in report mode on the unity server you will see what they used for the accounts.

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

In general, you probably need all these at some point. (Assuming you just followed Cisco and did not name them something else)

UnityAdmin

UnityInstall

UnityDirSvc

UnityMsgStoreSvc

You will also need to know the adminstrative login for CallManager. There are two new features in 5.0 called PhoneView and Visual Voicemail. If you want to enable those, you will need to make a modification in your UTIM so those features will work. Query the site for those features and it will tell you how to set them up. They are optional, but they are default features in 5.0, so maybe you will find them useful.

If you are on the old Unity box, you should be able to browse through AD and see these accounts. You may get some knucklehead that named the accounts something completely different, just take note.

Then try to log into the Unity server with these accounts. Each account should be able to log in (if not, give local access) YOu can then verify the AD password you think it is and bypass the messy AD team at the site. Most clients, for whatever reason do not know what the passwords are for these accounts. If you guess right, you saved yourself time. If not, you will have to go through and do the reset process for these accounts, then reboot Unity 4.x.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: