cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Personal Communicator, Minimize to system tray?

r.state
Level 1
Level 1

I am running UPC version 1.2(2) and would like the application to be sent to the system tray when minimized (bottom right of screen) rather than the taskbar (along the bottom), does anyone know if this is possible?

6 Replies 6

okuehn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, this is not possible with CUPC. there was an older post in november 2007 with the following answer from cisco:

"This is an often requested capability that is not available in the currently released product."

"Just heard from the team that develops this product - this feature is targeted for a CUPC release that will be coming around Summer 2008."

There is a program called 'Mini-XP.exe'. This allows you to minimize any programm to the systemtray. You just have to put the program in your startup folder.

I personally don't use it, but I know some of my colleagues do.

I foud the programm... you might give it a try!

Hi Mike,

I will give this application a try. Thanks very much for digging it out. It should help me until cisco release their new version mid 08.

Hi Oliver,

Many thanks for the clarification. I look forward to the Mid 08 release.

the new CUPC client 7.0 which should be released with the upcoming CUPS and CUCM 7 actually contains the minimize to system tray feature.

you can also see your current presence state, missed calls or new voicemail in system tray icon!

i think this is what our users are really missing in version 1.2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: