cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware upgradig stopped for IP Phone Cisco 7971

acesaro
Level 1
Level 1

After I perfomed a reset procedure (123456789*0#) the 7971 got a new IP address from a DHCP server (that is the TFTP server too: a CCM ver. 5.04) but nothing else happened, stopping update procedure with "upgrading" message. I've tried with a special DHCP/TFTP server: it seems that the 7971 doesn't start asking for the first firmware file to the TFTP server. I'd like to resque my very expensive IP Phone...

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, in the "special" dhcp/tftp server, have you set option 150? If not, the phone will keep asking for an address and nothing more.

After that it will ask for term70.default.loads.

The "special" TFTP server is a free SW called TFTpd32 and usally it doesn't need to declare option 150, because it works as DHCP/TFTP server by itself. Anyway I gave this parameter with its IP addr and with an alternative one: the 7971 IP phone din't ask for anything else than the IP addr to the DHCP. I'm afraid the 7971 is out of order.

No it is not.

The phone just doesn't like something in the dhcp reply. Check again option 150 to be same PC's address, one field only. If trouble send the log from tftpd32.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: