cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat 6513 Module not showing in show config

vsawant79
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed new nodule WS-X6148-RJ45V in slot 13 of cat 6513.. It is show in show module.. But If I configure any thing on that module, I don't see that module in show config.. Any suggestion??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is a reason for that.

show config shows the startup-configuration. If you inserted that module while the switch is running and you've not saved the configuration since then, the modules won't be shown.

show run shows the current running-configuration, any additions and subtraction in the configuration will be shown immediately.

If you want the show config to have the same configuration as show run you must execute wr mem or copy run start

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please paste " show version " and " show module " from the chassis.

-amit singh

Please find the attached file.

I used show run command and I am able to see the module now. I was not able to see the module using show config command. Thanks!!!

There is a reason for that.

show config shows the startup-configuration. If you inserted that module while the switch is running and you've not saved the configuration since then, the modules won't be shown.

show run shows the current running-configuration, any additions and subtraction in the configuration will be shown immediately.

If you want the show config to have the same configuration as show run you must execute wr mem or copy run start

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thanks!

I saved the config and now I am able to see the module in slot 13 in show config also.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card