cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.03 - No System Admin / avcsgateway.exe mem leak

peter.kick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I have a Cisco Unity 4.0(3) SR1 server in vm only setup with Win2k and Exchange 2k on box. It has been working fine for a few years but after the system has been running for a couple of days there is no access to the system administration tool and Unity is reported as not running in the system tray icon. It appears to be related to a problem with the avcsgateway process as it starts to consume large amount of memory (over 650MB) and if I restart the avcsgateway service it then works ok again (for a day or 2 at least). Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this? Thanks for any help.

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

You might check out this bug with TAC and see if you are getting the same error in your Unity server's application event log - http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCee95079&from=summary

Note: There were several memory leak errors associated with your Unity version - per Bug Tool. Therefore, I wouldn't assume the bug I am including here is the definitive source of your problem. Just another area for you to check :-)

Hope this helps, Ginger

Thanks for the info Ginger,

The problem discussed seems very similar although Im not getting the event mentioned. I'll raise it with TAC and try and find out if it is a bug which seems likely (in which case I'll hopefully go for an upgrade).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: