cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable Unity for accetping new voicemails

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I will be doing a migration to failover on new servers over the weekend.

I will be using DiRT to backup and restore data and messages. I am concerned that some important messages left during this time may be lost in a "no mans land", so I want to disable unity from accepting new messages.

I would like to keep unity on line for call handlers,so I cannot shut it down completely. I just want to disable any new messages being recieved.

3 Replies 3

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

Anyone?

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Without more detail on how you have Unity set up for handling the incoming calls, I can't comment directly. However, I will offer a suggestion based on how our system is set up.

If I were going to try and disallow incoming calls I would change the 'Call Routing/Forwarded Calls' profile that I have for incoming calls to go to a call handler that played a message stating that no new VM calls are being accepted at this time, and then drop the call. (You may need to repeat this in the Call Routing/Direct Calls section also)

Since you said that you need the existing call handlers to still work, just place the Call Routing rules for those call handlers higher in the list.

I can provide more detail and possibly some screen shots if you need them.

Please rate this post if it helps.

Thanks,

-Adam

Adam,

thanks for the info...great idea.

I will do something similar to fit the my config.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: