cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.3(1) BARS recovery

dndln6394
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the process of rebuilding our production publisher for use in our lab. I've taken a BARS generated backup .tar of the production publisher and am trying to do a recovery on an identical server in the lab.

When I do this I get the following error and the restore fails:

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

Now both the servers are running ccm 4.3(1)sr1a on win2003.1.2asr7 and BARS 4.0.12 . All passwords are the same as well as the hostnames and ip addresses. Both servers are MCS 7835 equivalent HP DL380s.

I've tried different backups with the same result.

Has anyone run into this before ?

Thanks,

Garth

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

when BARS is installed a backAdmin user is created and is the one that is used for the BARS process, in some cases the user does not gets created the right way and there is no link for BARS to log into SQL.

I'd suggest to uninstall and reinstall BARS, make sure you do it via VNC or console since RDP is not supported for this install and can cause issues.

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks ! I'll give it a try and post the results.

G

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: