Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Proxy

johnsonk1024
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently upgraded our WiSM software to version 4.2.99 from 4.1.171.0 to bypass the DHCP relay issues. However, I am still having issues with some clients not receiving DHCP addresses.

I am using a Microsoft 2k3 server for DHCP and disabled dhcp proxy on the CLI of both controllers. I currently only have DHCP identified on the WLAN dynamic interface, although I have tried for S&G to enable the DHCP override also. I continue to get the same results.

If I assign a static IP address I am able to browse intervlan, etc.

Has anyone ran into this before? Thanks in advance.

Kendall

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only time I have ever had DHCP issues when implementing wireless is if I forget the map the interface to the WLAN SSID. If you configure a port on the chassis for the same vlan the wireless users will be on, can you get an IP. this will eliminate issues on the network side. If you can then I would delete the WLAN and recreate it and see if that works. If that doesn't help, then reboot the WiSM blade.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

johnsonk1024
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, I don't really have a follow reason why this happened, but I was able to resolve the issue.

In short, I had to delete and rebuild the WLAN that was giving me the issues. I suspect that moving the WEP configuration from Key INdex 2 to Key Index 1 may have caused the problem, but it is working now.

If you use key index 2 then you have to use key index 2 on the client. Best to keep it on 1. Glad you got it working.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card