HSRP nuances...

Unanswered Question
Feb 18th, 2008

I have a "managed" solution of VPN failover routers monitoring several remote sites. One of these remote sites hosts a Small office distribution center on a stub segment off the 0/1 interface.

Problem: When the VpN router takes on a primary role (if the PIP s0/0 fails on my active)well guess what happens to the stub site with the s0/1 connection of my now standy PIP router....the guy from the "managed" solution company is gonna try and static map everything coming from that stub segment "10.92.x.x" on the VPN router for example back to the now standby PIP router e0/0 that has the s0/1 physically in it.....I guess the question would be why would this or will it work? For instance ...this particular remote office has an As400 and the small office needs to keep the telnet 5250 sessions speacking. Now the remote office HSRP VPN router has taken active due to a serial line failure between it and headquarters...will just mapping statcially the stub 10.92.x.x segment of the small office back to the e0/0 of the now standby PIP router be effective at all..It will get it to the AS400 i guess but then what...???? it will come right back from the AS400 to the VPN active and...then???

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion