cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to customize the 5.0 client install

dave.drolett
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have an actual document or example on how to customize the 5.0 MSI installation? Is it the same as the 4.6 customizations? Same png sizes? Because I don't see a vpnclient_en.msi in the default package.

Thanks,

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

The customized installation of 5.0 version of vpn client is same as of version 4.6. The vpn client package contains file "vpnclient_setup.msi" which can be used for installation. Following link may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/cisco_vpn_client/vpn_client46/administration/guide/vcAch7.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

The customized installation of 5.0 version of vpn client is same as of version 4.6. The vpn client package contains file "vpnclient_setup.msi" which can be used for installation. Following link may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/cisco_vpn_client/vpn_client46/administration/guide/vcAch7.html

laurabolda
Level 1
Level 1

Dave,

I just wanted to know if you were able to customize the VPN client. Did you use Windows Installer to customize the VPN client? Were you able to package the VPN client into an executable file? How do you distribute the VPN client? I wanted to package the VPN client into an executable file and put a password to protect it. Then, I want to put the executable file on the web server and tell the users to select it to install Cisco VPN client. I don't know how to put all the Cisco VPN client files into an executable file by using Windows Installer. I am using Windows Installer 4.5. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Laura

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: