cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-WLC Upload Configuration Issue

ANDY RIEDEL
Level 1
Level 1

The client is using NM-WLC in 2800 series routers. The WLC version is 4.0.219.0. I cannot perform an upload of the configuration file via the GUI, but I can do the upload from the WLC CLI. Also, there is no information in the WLC log files to indicate a problem.

2 Replies 2

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Andy,

It sounds like a bug.

Though to be 100% certain, what version of IOS is running on the ISR router?

I believe you told me it was a 2811 so we should be ok. The 2801 according to the Cisco documentation is not supported.

I know the service works at the CLI and not the GUI but I would still do this debug if possible:

debug transfer trace enable

This would simply verify the process is working from the CLI and that something in the GUI is not quite right.

If the client gets their maintenance situation corrected and you can open a TAC case, then let the forum know what happens.

As you well know strange things can happen with a combination of old code and the sometimes flaky network module cards.

Hope this helps.

Paul

The mystery has been solved and unfortunately I had once upon a time committed the same end user error as Andy.

You have to scroll to the right to see the button for performing an upgrade of a configuration file. If you don't see the button and click on it nothing is going to happen.

Everything ended up working according to plan after all this drama was cleared up.

Hope nobody else makes the same mistake.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card