Views
Helpful
Replies

1811 Router

rygar1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone I have a few questions about the 1811 router

Is it possible to configure the router to use WAN0 for Lan user internet access and WAN1 for wireless user internet? We will be using 2 different internet providers, one being DSL WAN1 and the other being Cable WAN2.

We have a DHCP server for our local network but if possible I would like to have the router dish out separate ip's for just the wireless clients

For example can I have 192.168.0.x for local network (from a dhcp server) all using WAN0 for internet access and 192.168.4.x for the wireless network (cisco dhcp) using WAN1

We want the wireless to be totally separated from our local network.

Last question  any good places I can find some guides/tutorial/help/books for the 1800 series.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

vaisharm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe that's possible. You would have to create a DHCP pool for wireless users (192.168.4.x) and assign wireless interface as the default dateway for this pool. All other local network(192.168.0.x) users conneting to the router through WAN0 would get the IP from the other dhcp server and not this router.

HTH,

-Vaibhav

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card