Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASDM 5.X/6.X Traffic Usage Graph Window

pavlosd
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I was wondering if it is possible to change the graphs under "Home" of ASDM. By default ASDM always, shows a graph of the interface 0 (outside interface). I was wondering if I could change that to display traffic usage of another interface (in our case, we do no use outside interface....)....

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My understanding is, it is not possible to change the display to another interface because the traffic throughput is for the lowest security interface. In your case, the outside interface, which has the least security level.

In most cases, the outside interface is used and that is what gets displayed in the Home Page. Since, you are not using the outside interface and its in shut down mode, you could change the security level to a lower level compared to the other interface and see if the behavior changes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/asdm60/user/guide/intro.html#wp1044598

Name Interface Traffic Usage (Kbps)-Display only. Shows the traffic throughput for the lowest security interface. If you have multiple interfaces at the same level, then ASDM shows the first interface alphabetically. This graph also shows the current throughput by type, input Kbps, and output Kbps.

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate all helpful posts **

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My understanding is, it is not possible to change the display to another interface because the traffic throughput is for the lowest security interface. In your case, the outside interface, which has the least security level.

In most cases, the outside interface is used and that is what gets displayed in the Home Page. Since, you are not using the outside interface and its in shut down mode, you could change the security level to a lower level compared to the other interface and see if the behavior changes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/asdm60/user/guide/intro.html#wp1044598

Name Interface Traffic Usage (Kbps)-Display only. Shows the traffic throughput for the lowest security interface. If you have multiple interfaces at the same level, then ASDM shows the first interface alphabetically. This graph also shows the current throughput by type, input Kbps, and output Kbps.

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate all helpful posts **

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: