cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520, phones showing different times

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Ive just done a factory reset on my UC520 and am currently not running CUE. I've set the router clock and set the timezone using the console, and set the CUE time using the web interface.

However, one phone is showing the correct time, the other is not. Im only running 2 phones at the moment.

I've noticed if I reboot them, the phone that boost 1st gets the correct time, the second phone is 8 hours ahead.

Im a bit puzzled..

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you set timezone under telephony-service ?

is the router synced to NTP ?

Which phones are these and which FW do they have ?

Hi. They're not synched to NTP as they're sort of stand alone at the moment. I've set the time zone under telephony serivice to 21, UK.

phones are 7941's running 7941g_64-02070631Amd64megRel.bin

This all worked fine before I did the factory reboot so I assume all the firmwares are OK, I think im just missing something somewhere

Hi, factory reboot may have changed the firmware. What you have can be see with "show telephony service" or device status in the phone.

You might need an upgrade now.

Ok. Spookily both phones now appear to be 7 minutes fast too..... i'll initiate CUE now to see if that helps

Cue won't help. Either set clock manually on the router with "update hardware", better would be you synch off an NTP server and forget about it.

ah so i cant install CUE and point my CME NTP server at my CUE IP address? just a thought as this wont be able to see an NTP server for a while.

The thing is that both cue and cme, normally are ntp clients. Is not thta cue has a better idea of time than cme in any manner.

well i've implimented cue now and all the handset times are now correct.

Spooky.

Cheers for your input mate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: