Views
Helpful
Replies

Reg:cisco router 2800

dhanikonda
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir,

We have a head office in hyderabad having 2801 router in that advanced ip services ios is there and we have branch office at bangalore there also we have 2801 router in that we have advanced ip services ios is there already point to point leased line is working now we r planing and we have broad band at both sides now we r planing to implement vpn as backup line .in head office we have 2 sap servers my remote branch people is acceses to this servers.In which way is better (ipsec or ssl)plz give me config examples.

Regards

srinivas

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, look for "configuring gre tunnel" in the documentation.

After you got that running, you can encrypt with IPsec, but make the GRE tunnel work first.

Dear sir,

thanks for ur reply but i didnt get any example for that.

plz give me the examples.

Regards

srini

Hi, you need to become familiar with cisco documentation, you enter "configuring gre tunnels" in the search box and you're presented with many results.

dongdongliu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,srini

I suggest you using Cisco Easy VPN between HQ and branch, HQ`s 2801 will acts as Easy VPN server, PC in the branch act as VPN Client with Cisco VPN Client software.

so, branch will not need net-admin to maintain the configuration of IPSEC.

all the VPN configuration are on the HQ router.

hope this help

regards

dongdong

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card