Views
Helpful
Replies

Unanswered Phonecall time outs in Call Manager

jonmo2578
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys..

We have set up a call transfer system using Call Handlers in Unity 4.05.

This all works fine however, I have just noticed that if transfered calls are not answered within 4mins, the ringing tone ( from the callers end ) disappears but the call still remains on the system..

and then after approx 6mins the call gets cut off altogether..

This is only effecting external calls as the phone call is effectively being answered by the Unity system before being transfered to another number.

Does anyone know if there are any timer values in CM ( ver 4.13 )which we can adjust to resolve this..

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

robert.horrigan
Level 2
Level 2

The default is 15 or 20 seconds. You can go to each individual line number and specifically input a timeout under no answer ring duration. Check the directory numbers you use for your voicemail ports. Sounds like this, however, is some other issue than ring duration timeouts.

Hey there,

thanks for your reply to this.

Sorry, I was going to type an addition follow up to this to clarify this issue..

Got this slighty wrong after testing it again..however I still have the same issue

The 15/20sec default applies if you have told it to go to either Voicemail or Forward On No Answer to another extension..

If there are no entries in either of these fields, the call will ring continuously for x mins and then drops off..

What Im looking for is the setting to increase the timeout for when a call has been answered by CM is and trying to be forward to another extension which is not answering..

** Been looking at the CMguide and the only thing I can find relating to this in the Service Parameters is the T301 timer field which is currently set to 180000.. ??

Cheers

Hey guys..

Ok.. I have managed to figure out the overall timeout bit.. It turns out the T301 field in Service parameters sets this value...

However, we are noticed something bizarre if you call externally..

If you call externally directly to a number, it will ring as expected till the timeout period..

But if you put an extra hop in there, ( eg. we have a set up a Unity Call handler to transfer calls to required extns ).. you get a period of silence after x mins BUT the call is still active and does not drop of altogether till the time out period is reached.. ?!!

This silent period does not happen if the call is initiated internally..

Anyone know why this is happening ?? Does a wav. file or something get play to simulated the ring when call come in externally or something..

thanks again in advance for any advice..

Cheers

jon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: