Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7941 can't dial

Hi

Since yesterday, we have a phone that can no longer call. The phone find his configuration (number, location, calling search space ... etc. ...), can receive calls (Internal and external) but but when I want to dial a number, I hear numbers and then nothing, no tonality.

I try to reset the phone, shutdown phone, erase and recreate the line, Release DHCP address on the phone.

An idea ?

Thanks

P.S. I've call manager 4.2(3)

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd check the CSS that you have under the line and device in first place if the issue is only with outbound calls

HTH.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

robert.horrigan
Level 2
Level 2

Your phone appears to be bad. Try adding that directory number to another phone and see if you can dial out on that. Make sure the phone you swap it to is in the same partition as the bad one.

gonzca
Level 1
Level 1

You may be having the same problem I am with the 7941 phone, a failure with the handset. Can you make calls with the speaker on?

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Please post the CCM detailed trace including the calling party number, called party number and time of the call.

Is the problem happening when calling both PSTN and internal numbers?

It's the phone that was a problem. Our provider Orange/France Telecom change phone and it's ok.

Before to change, I try the phone number on an other phone and it's always the same.

Thanks

Hello, do you have a dialplan from france? Thanks

Please stop posting duplicates, asking once is enough.

sorry, will start a new one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: