Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Directories Button

javinunorosal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Is it possible to disable Directories button on a Cisco IP Phone?

I've tried by changing Directories URL in CCM but it still shows Missed/Received/Placed Calls.

8 Replies 8

robiadams
Level 1
Level 1

These are tracked by the phone device, in the local memory, not thru the url.

Yes that is true...

The Cisco IP Phone places those menuItems ontop of the directories-url menu. The only thing you could try is to enter a invalid url as directory-url. The phone will then display a 404 error and probably won't show the missed calls etc.

Give it a try ;)

Unfortunately it still shows missed/received/placed calls.

Thanks

Did you find an answer to this?

We need to setup shared phones that will not log missed/recieved/placed calls or have access to the directory. The 7902 would be a good fit but it's not for sale anymore.

Can the clearing of the lists be automated somehow? I know that they can be cleared on EM logout but we don't use EM.

Any suggestions?

see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/6_0/english/programming/guide/xsi60uri.html#wp1033340

--------------------------------

Init

The Init URI allows an application to initialize a feature or data with the argument that is passed with the URI.

URI Format:

Init:o

Where

o = the Object name.

Valid object name:

CallHistory-When the phone encounters an Init:CallHistory URI, it clears the internal call history logs that are stored in the phone. This action initializes Missed Calls, Received Calls, and Placed Calls.

Services-When the phone encounters an Init:Services URI, it closes the Services application. If Services is not currently open, it has no effect.

Messages-When the phone encounters an Init:Messages URI, it closes the Messages application. If Messages is not currently open, it has no effect.

Directories-When the phone encounters an Init:Directories URI, it closes the Directories application. If Directories is not currently open, it has no effect.

--------------------------------------

So you could create a scriptpage that will send an "Init:CallHistory" when pushing the directories button.

Not yet for log calls. I'm still working on it. I'll tell when I find it... if I do.

If you want to block access to the directory the directory URL in CCM should be changed to a non existing one (http://0 for example) or to a URL that shows an empty menu:

Sin directorios

By the way missed/... calls are still shown.

Hope this helps.

ckatene
Level 3
Level 3

if you configure the Directories URL to "Init:Directories" it will (should) clear the screen immediately after the user presses the directories button. Not perfect, but might have the desired result.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/6_0/english/programming/guide/xsi60uri.html#wp1033340

It doesn't show the "Corporate Directory" but it shows missed/placed/... calls.

The goal is not to show call history at all, ideally without having do clear it.

Nevertheless thanks for the ideas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: