cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1841 - Cisco 1841 Site-to-Site VPN - adding subnets

david.morrow
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. I have a pair of Cisco 1841's running a site-to-site VPN between siteA and siteB with 192.168.30.0/255.255.255.0 and 192.168.16.0/255.255.252.0 respectively. All works fine between these two subnets.

I am trying to add an additional subnet at siteB, so using SDM, I added the subnet to the IPSec rules on each of the 1841's.....but siteA cannot see the devices on the new subnet at siteB and the device is routing the packets to the internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

David

You gave us information to work with about the original subnets but did not provide that detail about the subnet that you are adding. Can you give us that subnet?

The obvious assumption about your problem is that somehow SDM did not add the right subnet or did not add it to the right access list. Can you provide the running config from both of the routers? This would help us to identify the problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: