cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN help

imranraheel
Level 1
Level 1

I ahve to make 4 VLANS currently i have 2x 2960 switches and 1 router , since i m new to cisco i want to know how to terminate and implement this .

2 Replies 2

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Imran, I helped someone a while back with similar requirements, please see attached thread. In your case you have 2960 switches which are pure layer 2 switches so you will have to do the intervlan routing through your router. Use dot1q trunk from router to switch, but if your router have available FE ports I would recommend have dedicated FE port for each of your 4 vlans other wise just use trunking , I believe you could stackwise the 2960s and from there connecto to router.. if you can build a script and post it for revision we will be more than happy to assist you.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Archive&topic=Network%20Infrastructure&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cbe6d65

Rgds

Jorge

And remember to rate any helpful posts

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks.

But the issue is i have only 2 ports on my 1811 and I am already using 1 so can i still do VLAN thing and inter vlan using that single port. Plus i have 1 issu that is i have 2 2960 if i will stack both and than user 2 trunk port on each router than how am i going to connect those trunk ports on the router

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: