cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN help

imranraheel
Level 1
Level 1

I ahve to make 4 VLANS currently i have 2x 2960 switches and 1 router , since i m new to cisco i want to know how to terminate and implement this .

2 Replies 2

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Imran, I helped someone a while back with similar requirements, please see attached thread. In your case you have 2960 switches which are pure layer 2 switches so you will have to do the intervlan routing through your router. Use dot1q trunk from router to switch, but if your router have available FE ports I would recommend have dedicated FE port for each of your 4 vlans other wise just use trunking , I believe you could stackwise the 2960s and from there connecto to router.. if you can build a script and post it for revision we will be more than happy to assist you.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Archive&topic=Network%20Infrastructure&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cbe6d65

Rgds

Jorge

And remember to rate any helpful posts

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks.

But the issue is i have only 2 ports on my 1811 and I am already using 1 so can i still do VLAN thing and inter vlan using that single port. Plus i have 1 issu that is i have 2 2960 if i will stack both and than user 2 trunk port on each router than how am i going to connect those trunk ports on the router