cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Notification

Jeff Thompson
Level 1
Level 1

We are unable to get cell phone notification from our Unity Unified VM v5.0(1). We have 16 ports configured between unity and CM and all are configured for both inbound and outbound. When monitoring the port status, we have very little port utilization and you can see unity grab a port to dial out and then almost instantly you see 'idle' 'idle' display in the port status screen.

Any ideas why the call will not go through? We are prefixing the number with a '9'. Also, any helpful logs that I could look at to see what is causing this behavior.

Thanks in advance.

-Jeff

21 Replies 21

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there are call routing rules configured in Unity which allow or block the numbers that Unity tries to dial for outbound calls

Make sure you have an entry in there that allows the outbound calls to the mobile

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry, was thinking on something else =) i was thinking on routing rules while i tried to type Restriction Tables.

Check the Restriction Tables for your unity box

HTH

HTH

java

Thanks for the quick response. I thought of that as well, and I one defined under 'Restriction Tables -> Default Outdial' and the pattern is 9???????* = yes

Should I have this rule setup within another restriction table?

for testing purposes use the exact mobile number, also make sure the VM ports can reach the appropiate route pattern for the outbound calls.

HTH

HTH

java

I am pretty sure that Unity restriction tables work this way. They go down the list from top to bottom. Once Unity reaches a match to the dial string it will not go farther down the list.

So try it at the top for a test.

rlp

Well it seems to take longer to go back to an idle state, but still no luck. I have verified that the partition for the route pattern is associated with the css for the vm port.

the pattern within the restriction table is at the very top of the 'default outdialer' restriction table

Any other thoughts? any where i could look to see why this call is not going throug?

are you dialing a 9+7 or 91+10 number?

rlp -- Randy

9+7 - I have tried without the 9 as well. The router pattern within cm is 9.xxxxxxx

just for a test to see if the Unity will outdial, do just a * as the first string.

do you have any ports set for outdial in UTIM? there has to be.

Randy

I can not remember if it is message notification or TRaP, I would set both. You have to have outdial ports or Unity will not outdial.

Randy

yes, there are outbound ports for this. This unity was just upgraded from 4.0(5) to 5.0. We were not using this feature before, though when I am now looking at 'tools depot -> switch intergration tools -> telphone intergration manager -> properties' we show no 'access codes' listed (or any way that I can see to add them) and under 'phone view' next to 'Phone system version' it show CallManager 4.x - when we are running 5.x

Any thoughts

I am pretty sure access codes are for other integrations. Not sure about ccm 4.x and 5x.

rlp

What version of the Unity TSP do you bave?

rlp

8.2(1)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: