Views
Helpful
Replies

Simclient 6.2.3 with CCM 6.1

clougher01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know if Simclient 6.2.3 is compatible with CCM 6.1??

I dont see any CM Loads related to this.

We have a heap of problems with this at the mo and tonnes of reg reject messages.

If this doesnt work is there any other way to load test CCM 6.1 other than setting up test 5000 phones???

Thanks,

Taff..

3 Replies 3

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

SimClient (6.2.3) is a PC-based bulk IP phone simulation tool, optimized for load-testing Cisco CallManagers. With SimClient calls can be simulated as a large number of phones. Calls can be made between SimClient phones, to physical phones, or in this case CallGen directory numbers (DNs). SimClient also provides streaming support through Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) which was used to provide accurate testing of voice calls on the network. The Cisco BCS Verified Designs testing incorporated both CallGen and SimClient to test the Integrated Services Router under call load using Busy Hour Call Completions (BHCC) as the test metric.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bcs/testcase/reference/guide/whitetst.html#wp1009297

Yup i understand how simclient works but was wondering about its ability to work with CCM 6.1.

I have managed to get it working successfully in serial mode but it fails to register any phones in parallel mode.

Is there any specific settings required for CCM 6.1 ???

Just set the client side to CCM 3.1 and it will work just fine.