Views
Helpful
Replies

IP telephone issue

Lavanholy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have two IP telephone cinfigured,one is Cisco 7960G and Cisco7970.Both are got registered with the cisco call manager.I am getting the dial tone,but I try calling one IP phone to another,I am getting busy tone.I am not able to communicate with each other.

Can any one help me to resolve the issue?

Thanks and Regards,

S.Venkataraman.

8 Replies 8

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Are both the phones in the same subnet or different?

If not make sure you have proper routing between them

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

The Cisco call manager 4.1(3)and both IP telephone 7960G and 7970 are in the same subnet,IP telephone has the call manager IP address,TFTP as the call manager IP address.Both IP T are getting registered,dial tone also there,only thing it is communicating each other.

Basically all three are out of waranty.

My clarification is, do we need to have the license key for each IPT?If so how I will get it?And then How I will activate it in Cisco Call manager?

Please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

S.Venkataraman.

I have seen in my place that accidentally users press the cfwdall button and after that they are not able to receive any calls till the time you uncheck it from the CCM server for that extension

Not sure if you are facing the same problem but worth a check

Narayan

w422266
Level 1
Level 1

morethanlikely a partitions issue.

what type of busy tone are you receiving - standard or fast busy?

Regards.

Hi,

You mean to say both IPT has to be in the same partition?

Both IP T are getting registered,dial tone also there,only thing it is not communicating each other.

Basically all three are out of waranty.

My clarification is, do we need to have the license key for each IPT?If so how I will get it?And then How I will activate it in Cisco Call manager?

Please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

S.Venkataraman.

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Venkataraman:

Make sure that both the phones are in same partition, or make sure the calling search spaces are reachable to othe partition.

Please follow the document below for more information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009409c.shtml

HTH, please rate posts if helpful

Hi Rajesh,

Both IPT are in the same partition only.

I really do not understand what is "make sure the calling search spaces are reachable to othe partition " means?

All Call Manager and both IPT are out of waranty,Do we need to have the license key for individual IPT?If so how to get the key?Once I get How I will register those key in Call Manager?

Please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

S.Venkataraman.

A calling search space comprises an ordered list of route partitions that are typically assigned to devices. Calling search spaces determine the partitions that calling devices search when they are attempting to complete a call.

exactly what are you doing to get the reorder?

do you go offhook and hear the tone?

do you dial and then reorder?

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: