Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR Issued with CSV file in CM 5.1(3)

pratik.rb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Pros,

I am having a stupid issue with CM 5.1(3) CAR Tool.

I want to show management only certain fields from summary and detail reports of users (skip the QoS field). So obviously I need to take a CSV report as PDF cant be customized.

The problem is when I take CSV report, there is no defined line for each call. The CSV just goes on in the same line on the report.

This means I am unable to export properly in Excel unless I manually hit "ENTER" after identifying one call.

This report is being generated by the CCM itself and I am unable to intercept the data before it opens in Internet Explorer.

Kindly advise what can be done so that each call detail comes in different line.

Pratik

10 Replies 10

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

If you open the file in CSV, it will dump everything in one cell with comma as delimiter.

You can convert that into multiple cells using excel. Go to "Data-->Text to Columns"-->select comma as delimiter and it will convert into individual cells.

HTh

Hi Rajesh,

I am able to convert into cells but the data needs line spacing. Each call data needs to be in individual line which is coming all in one line.

Pratik

Hi Pratik,

I have same issue. can you share to me if you resolved?

Thanks, John

No, this issue is still unresolved. I have CCM 5.1.3.

I am having the same issue...has anyone found a resolution....

Thanks,

Joe

Upgrading from CM 3.x to 6 introduced me to the same problem. Previous to the upgrade, when clicking on view report, the report would open with Excel embedded in the browser and you could then save the file, now, I get a single continous line of text with no line breaks.

Is this Issue still unresolved? I have this same problem with 6.1(2)

rjrii
Level 1
Level 1

Easiest way I found around this issue is to run the report. Once the data is displayed within IE right click on the page and choose properties. The properties will contain the URL directly to the CSV file on your server. Copy URL and open excel. Go to file - open and paste the URL to the csv and it should open it formatted properly.

Hi there,

I followed your instructions as I found version 6's CDR capability to present the data into a straight forward and readable document is quite the challenge. Unless you're like Russel Crowe in Amazing Minds.

CM ver. 4 through the SQL query was a lot better.

Is there a way to pull up the date/connect and disconnect times and show it in a column format?

The workaround i found is this: Copy and paste the csv data in a text file. Open with ms word. Replace all ', ,' with '^p'. Replace all '" "' with '"^p". Save as plain text. Rename to .csv. Open with Excel, choose the first column and go Data->text to column->Delimited->check "Comma"->Finish

!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: