cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

backup CCM 4.1

erstelogin
Level 1
Level 1

I read in the TUC quick reference sheets that Administrator should maintain a current backup of the CallManager servers.

What does this phrase meen? Does this meen that I should check DB replication and BARS options ? or something an other?

Second question: Should I keep the BARS archives remotely, not on the server? As I understand, BARS can be very useful to recover Web-configuration of CallManager?

Thank you a lot of

1 Reply 1

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

What does this phrase meen? Does this meen that I should check DB replication and BARS options ? or something an other?

It just means you need to have a recent BARS backup handy if you want to restore your Callmanager. So schedule your Backup nightly (ie Mo-Fr at 03:00 am).

Second question: Should I keep the BARS archives remotely, not on the server? As I understand, BARS can be very useful to recover Web-configuration of CallManager?

Yes, that would be the Best thing to do. There is an option on the BARS Backup where you can specify the Netweork Location, Username and Password. That should do the trick.

Also you should check the BARS logs to see if the backup went well.(C:\Program Files\Cisco\Trace\BARS)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: