Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple DID to unmatching internal Ext - CCME

schreiberwayne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does any know of a easy way to match say 200 DID's (PRI) to unmatching internal ext numbers - without creating a huge amount of dial peers, so ie. external number

0123456789 goes to 212

0123456799 to 267 ....etc etc

The example of this is when a company moves to CCME and keeps all their old phone numbers and internal extensions.

I have managed this whith creating 200 dial peers with an exact match number with a rule directing it to the internal number ...but there must be an easyer way to do this?

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Glad to now it worked - please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the internal/external numbers are contiguous, this should help you:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40did.html

If they are not, the easiest way is to configure secondary number under ephone-dn. Note, outgoing calls will be placed with the primary number however.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks, nice one - this is what i am looking for, it is the non-contigous address space that was causing me issues. I presume this would just require secondaty numbers on the ext & a dialplan-pattern and a voice dial-peer to route calls correctly to the internal phones?

Thx

Hi,

Just tried this with the secondary number and using a default .T dial-peer - worked a treat.

Thank you. My first mistake was that i needed to strip of the Area code from the secondary number - once i did this it worked fine.

Cheers, Wayne

Glad to now it worked - please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

Hi,

It worked! Thanks.

I have a quick follow-up question. When I configure the max-time-call-retry to 60 seconds, it still keeps calls in queue for 2.5 minutes. Can you tell me why this is so?

I understand you're referring to another problem, can you clarify ?

Yes.

The CME bacd AA has a parameter for the maximum time a call will sit in the queue.

That parameter is configured under the CME AA and is called param max-time-call-retry. I've configured this for 60 seconds but the call sits in the queue for about 2.5 minutes. It's as if it's ignoring my parameter.

Try reloading the script: "call application voice load aa".

Like few others, that parameter is read only at init time.