Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple DID to unmatching internal Ext - CCME

schreiberwayne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does any know of a easy way to match say 200 DID's (PRI) to unmatching internal ext numbers - without creating a huge amount of dial peers, so ie. external number

0123456789 goes to 212

0123456799 to 267 ....etc etc

The example of this is when a company moves to CCME and keeps all their old phone numbers and internal extensions.

I have managed this whith creating 200 dial peers with an exact match number with a rule directing it to the internal number ...but there must be an easyer way to do this?

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Glad to now it worked - please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the internal/external numbers are contiguous, this should help you:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40did.html

If they are not, the easiest way is to configure secondary number under ephone-dn. Note, outgoing calls will be placed with the primary number however.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks, nice one - this is what i am looking for, it is the non-contigous address space that was causing me issues. I presume this would just require secondaty numbers on the ext & a dialplan-pattern and a voice dial-peer to route calls correctly to the internal phones?

Thx

Hi,

Just tried this with the secondary number and using a default .T dial-peer - worked a treat.

Thank you. My first mistake was that i needed to strip of the Area code from the secondary number - once i did this it worked fine.

Cheers, Wayne

Glad to now it worked - please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

Hi,

It worked! Thanks.

I have a quick follow-up question. When I configure the max-time-call-retry to 60 seconds, it still keeps calls in queue for 2.5 minutes. Can you tell me why this is so?

I understand you're referring to another problem, can you clarify ?

Yes.

The CME bacd AA has a parameter for the maximum time a call will sit in the queue.

That parameter is configured under the CME AA and is called param max-time-call-retry. I've configured this for 60 seconds but the call sits in the queue for about 2.5 minutes. It's as if it's ignoring my parameter.

Try reloading the script: "call application voice load aa".

Like few others, that parameter is read only at init time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: