cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

injectiing default route into ospf

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can anyone tell me how we do this, do I just add a static default route in and then add this to ospf by using the default information originate command, or would i use the redistribute static command ?

3 Replies 3

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Both will actually work

With redistribution though you might be required to use some sort of route-map to make sure that you distribute only the default else it will redistribute all the static routes

HTH

Narayan

where does the default information originate command get its default route 0.0.0.0 from , and if it advertises a 0.0.0.0 route, where is this from and too ?

Default information originate would advertise a default route as long as there is a default route in the routing table. This can be either received from another routing protocol or configured statically on the router itself

If you include the "always" keyword to the command, it will originate a default-route irrespective of whether there is a route in the RT

HTH

Narayan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card