Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager ip address Overlapping

Hi all, before i'd like to thank ya for all your supports and help it really helped me and to go forward .

So i have some questions regarding IP Address in CallManager with centralized deployement (CM+SRST):

When i set up two partion for two differents company can i have an overlapping in the IP Address of the IP Phones cauz maybe these two company will have the same range of ip address for their network.

Then for the DHCP, i think that i can use a local DHCP for each site provided by the local router (who would provide SRST for the IP Phones) so correct if i'm wrong . :)

Thanks again

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, you cannot have overlapping IP addresses. Each phone registered to Callmanager will need a unique IP address. Otherwise, Callmanager or other devices would have no way of knowing to which phone to route packets destined for a given address.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

That is correct.

Brandon

The Callmanager server and IP phones do not have to be in the same subnet.

Brandon

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, you cannot have overlapping IP addresses. Each phone registered to Callmanager will need a unique IP address. Otherwise, Callmanager or other devices would have no way of knowing to which phone to route packets destined for a given address.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

thanks for ur reply but i don't really get the point :) so as you said you mean the dhcp must set up from the the site where callmanager is installed ? if you have any link regarding the addressing scheme of callmanager thanks to mention it

No, you can and should, if possible, have local DHCP. My point was that you do not want the HQ DHCP and the branch DHCP both handing out the same addresses.

Brandon

SO to sum up your replies it means that:

The IP Phone cann't have same IP Address even if they aren't in the same location

And the Dhcp should be a local one provided by a local router.

That is correct.

Brandon

Last question and thanks again for:

I know that the the CallMamanager and The IP Phones MUST BE in the subnet so correct me again if i'm wrong ?

Thanks kindly for all

The Callmanager server and IP phones do not have to be in the same subnet.

Brandon

thanks i was sure about that :) cauz when we configure the routing table it would be fine :)

thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: