cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.2.3 IPCC 7.1.5.0 routing question

kre8or2007
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering if there is a way to route a certain queue to a different center (in a different city). We have 4 call centers (not virtual call centers)with a gateway to each site. Is there a way to route a queue to another site without incurring telco charges? Would the actual call go over the WAN or could it just be redirected to another gateway where it would receive queue servicing and get answered by that call center?

4 Replies 4

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi there,

how many PGs do you have? What is the queueing solution? CVP or IPCCX?

Since you mention GWs you would most likely need CVP to perform those transfers on the internal IP Network, you would need to check you have the bandwidth and reliability necessary to transfer those calls.

Regards,

Riccardo

Hello,

We have 2 Redundant PG's and CVP 3.1. I wasn't sure if the whole call would go over the WAN or if the call could just basically be moved from one city gateway to another city gateway. I would assume moving a call would take much less bandwidth than routing the call over the WAN to the other site.

Check on the transfer session in the CVP 4.0 SRND Guide, all the scenarios are well defined there.

You could transfer the call to a "site" GW and do the treatment there yes, but it will request some CVP resources(logical ports) to perform the actual transfer.

Regards,

Riccardo

Just add a "Cancel Queuing" to your ICM Script and use Label to route the Call to you other Sites, wether using ie 4 digits Label XXXX (Calls goes over the WAN)or the Whole Pstn number (Calls goes through Gateways) both works fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: