Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM6 and SRST multicast MOH

cris_jimenez
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I set up SRST Multicast according to the Cisco documentation, as far as I can tell. I have all sites using Multicast MOH. However when I make a test calls, I see ccm-manager moh sessions turned up and I see packets tx/rx. However, I hear nothing.

What am I doing wrong ?

I haven't uploaded the audio source to the callmanager, the audio source is uploaded to the flash mem

28 Replies 28

Aaron Dhiman
Level 2
Level 2

Where do you see the TX/RX increase, and are you sure you are looking at the Multicast Resource counter incrementing?

Can you verify:

1. The IP address/port in "multicast moh" must match the IP address/port being transmitted for the CODEC in use from the MOH Server. eg., 239.1.1.3 if incrementing by IP and using G.729.

2. There could be a problem with the IGMP snooping config. Try to disable it on the switch that your phone is connected to.

3. Make sure to set the max hops to '1' in the MOH server config.

Also, post "sh ip mroute count" for the MCAST address you are using.

Hi,

WCDFAVG01#show ccm-manager music-on-hold

Current active multicast sessions : 1

Multicast RTP port Packets Call Codec Incoming

Address number in/out id Interface

===================================================================

239.1.1.1 16384 284/284 1735 g711ulaw Gi0/0

WCDFAVG01#sh call active voice | include RemoteMedia

RemoteMediaIPAddress=239.1.1.1

RemoteMediaPort=16384

2. I disabled IGMP snooping and the issue remains

3. "sh ip mroute count" shows nothing

WCDFAVG01#show ip mroute count

WCDFAVG01#

I have a question though on the Music On Hold Server Audio Source, I only have the "sampleaudio source option"

the audio source that I'm trying to pull is

music-on-hold.au stored on the router only, not in CCM yet

did you configured the right multicast ip and port in both CUCM and the SRST GW?

Table 1 Example of the Differences Between Incrementing Multicast on IP Address and Incrementing Multicast on Port Number

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00802d1c31.html#wp1089886

you need CUCM to instruct the phones to listen to a specific ip address and port, and the SRST GW needs to have that ip and port multicasting. do you have the loopback address configured as per the guide?

Integrating Cisco CallManager and Cisco SRST to Use Cisco SRST As a Multicast MOH Resource

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00802d1c31.html

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You also need to configure the loopback address at the router. This will tell the phones that are requesting MOH at the site, to hit the loopback address, then the MOH address. You may have it, but it's not in your config above or mentioned.

I have the loopback address configured

I uploaded the audio source file to ccm allowing multicast

Configured the MOH server specifying the multicast IP address and port, on the audio file the hop is set to 1

I created the MRG and MRGL

added the MRGL to the GW and to the phones on the proper site

I created the MOH region specifying the g.711 codec usage.

on the remote gateway

I indeed have the loopback ip address configured

I have the audio file stored in the flash mem of the router

I configured the ip source-address

specified the moh {file name}

specified the multicast moh [multicast ip address] port [port] route [int gi ip address that is actually attached to the switch where the phones are attached] [loopback interface]

if i enable debuging while i'm on hold this is what i see

Feb 20 21:37:06.947: MoH route If GigabitEthernet0/0 ETHERNET 10.109.100.9 via A RP

Feb 20 21:37:06.947: MoH route If Loopback0 46 10.109.100.13 via 10.109.100.13

Feb 20 21:37:12.159: MoH route If GigabitEthernet0/0 ETHERNET 10.109.100.9 via A RP

Feb 20 21:37:12.159: MoH route If Loopback0 46 10.109.100.13 via 10.109.100.13

Feb 20 21:37:17.371: MoH route If GigabitEthernet0/0 ETHERNET 10.109.100.9 via ARP

Feb 20 21:37:17.371: MoH route If Loopback0 46 10.109.100.13 via 10.109.100.13

WCDFAVG01#

Feb 20 21:37:22.604: MoH route If GigabitEthernet0/0 ETHERNET 10.109.100.9 via ARP

Feb 20 21:37:22.604: MoH route If Loopback0 46 10.109.100.13 via 10.109.100.13

however i do not hear anything please advise

you may need to check your MRGLs, then reset everything for it take. The phone will also need to rebooted for the new configuration file to take place. It looks like you have it all correct!

cheers

Aaron Dhiman
Level 2
Level 2

Well, you should certainly configure MOH on the CallManager server. Try the following document, which has more information than is in the SRST documentation:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00802d1c31.html

MARTIN STREULE
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you hear nothing, you can say at least that..

-CUCM is configured properly for MoH (or else you would hear tone on hold).

-If you see that the router sends traffic, it probably does (address and port correct)

You have the loopback configured and from your input it looks okay.

Are the phone and the router on the same subnet or is multicast routing enabled?

Are the region settings okay? MoH Server (CUCM) and phones should be able to connect with G711 (even if the traffic is "spoofed")

Good luck,

Martin

Martin

the phones and the router are not on the same subnet

multicast routing is not ehabled

the regions are ok

I haven't tested from ip phone to ip phone

i'm testing form ip phone to the pstn

You probably already have that:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/ip_ph/srs/srsinter/moh.htm

There is a pretty good troubleshooting section ("Troubleshooting Tips").

Here some text from there:

-If no MOH streams are shown, Cisco CallManager has not been correctly set up to provide the Cisco SRST gateway with MOH. A typical error is that Cisco CallManager has not been configured with an appropriate MOH resource. The configuration error might be that the required codec has not been enabled on Cisco CallManager (check the service parameters) or that no MRGL has been assigned to the gateway, or, if one has been assigned, it has insufficient resources. Check the IDS Event Viewer for error messages.

-Verify that the multicast address and RTP port number shown in the show ccm-manager music-on-hold command output match the multicast-address and port arguments in the moh multicast command configuration.

-Verify that the Packets in/out field shows a count that is incrementing. Repeat the show ccm-manager music-on-hold command to verify that the Packets in/out counters are incrementing.

-Verify that the codec field matches the codec type of the audio file stored in the Cisco SRST gateway's flash memory. If another codec value besides G.711 mu-law or G.711 a-law appears in the show ccm-manager music-on-hold command output, review the Cisco CallManager region for incorrect codec configuration. See the "Creating a Region for the MOH Server" section.

-The Incoming Interface field shows where the Cisco SRST gateway is to receive the multicast MOH packets. An interface must be listed, and it must be one of the interfaces included in the multicast moh command or the default IP source address, which is configured with the ip source-address command. See Step 9 in the "Enabling Multicast MOH on the Cisco SRST Gateway" section.

while troubleshooting I saw the following

when i issue the show ccm-manager music-on-hold command

i see that the packets increases, however the incoming interface is the phsysical interface gi0/0, shouldn't that be the loopback interface ?

if so what do i need to do in order to change that

interface Loopback10

description MoH Source Interface - not routed, only for MoH

ip address 10.255.255.254 255.255.255.255

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address 10.241.46.10 255.255.254.0

!

ccm-manager music-on-hold

!

call-manager-fallback

limit-dn 7940 1

limit-dn 7960 1

limit-dn 7970 1

timeouts interdigit 5

ip source-address 10.241.46.10 port 2000

max-ephones 42

! dual line to enable transfer

max-dn 144 dual-line

! huntstops to prevent call-waiting

huntstop channel

no huntstop

system message primary Notbetrieb (#)

transfer-pattern .T

!

! MoH File must be in Flash, MC address and port same as in CCM

!

moh music-on-hold.wav

! I have loopback first, don't know if that's an issue

multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route 10.255.255.254 10.241.46.10

time-format 24

date-format dd-mm-yy

Possibly check your MOH multicast port. It could be 16392.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/ios-moh-resource.html

the port/ip on which to multicast depends on two things:

the MOH audio source number

the config on the MOH: increase IP or increase port

in the thread one of my previous post contains the information, i just had a case on that and went thru hell trying to do the math of which port to use. cu had also enabled the G729 codec so the math also needs to take that in mind

in the end i pulled up a CUCM trace and looked for

02/12/2008 16:17:31.429 CCM|MohDControl - findMulticastSourceGivenSourceNum - Device Name = MOH_3, MohRegion = Multicast MOH Server, Audio Source Id = 11, Held Party Region = RG-Plattsburgh-WPTZ

in this case we were using source #11, soon after that line there is the IP and port that CUCM is telling the phone to listen while on hold, we matched the port (we were using increase port config) on the SRST GW and it started to work

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: