Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AutoDial on ip phone + CCME 4.1

Hello All!!!

I try to use AutoDial Feature (may be it is a not correct term in Cisco conception)

Can I realize this:

I call from ip phone to external PSTN number. The PSTN number is busy. Can I configure Ip Phone to automatically repeat call (after timeout) until call established?

Thank you very much…

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, that is not a supported feature of CCME.

Better to say, "callback busy subscriber" is supported for internal extensions, but not for calls via PSTN.

It would be possible to write a TCL/IVR script to do that, but it would complicate things, because the script had to intercept all outgoing calls and present the choice of recall, not sure if that is much of an advantage considering redial is a single button operation in itself.

Hop this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mikhail,

Sadly this feature is not available in CME or CCM. The closest thing in either system is called Callback. This only works for Internal Extensions;

Callback-Requests callback notification when a busy called line becomes free.

Callback Busy Subscriber

This feature allows callers who dial a busy extension number to request a callback from the system when the called number is available. Callers can also request callbacks for extensions that do not answer, and the system will notify them after the called phone is next used.

There can be only one callback request pending against a particular extension number, although a caller can initiate more than one callback to different numbers. If a caller attempts to place a callback request on a number that already has a pending callback request, the caller hears a fast-busy tone. If the called number has call forwarding enabled, the callback request is placed against the final destination number.

No configuration is required for this feature. To display a list of phones that have pending callback requests, use the show ephone-dn callback command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wpmkr1128179

Hope this helps!

Rob

EDIT: Hey Paolo, you have shown up my disasterous typing skills again :)

Huff

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, that is not a supported feature of CCME.

Better to say, "callback busy subscriber" is supported for internal extensions, but not for calls via PSTN.

It would be possible to write a TCL/IVR script to do that, but it would complicate things, because the script had to intercept all outgoing calls and present the choice of recall, not sure if that is much of an advantage considering redial is a single button operation in itself.

Hop this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thank you very much…

AutoDial is default features on most PBX systems. The lack of this feature in CCME is character of design?

What do you think?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mikhail,

Sadly this feature is not available in CME or CCM. The closest thing in either system is called Callback. This only works for Internal Extensions;

Callback-Requests callback notification when a busy called line becomes free.

Callback Busy Subscriber

This feature allows callers who dial a busy extension number to request a callback from the system when the called number is available. Callers can also request callbacks for extensions that do not answer, and the system will notify them after the called phone is next used.

There can be only one callback request pending against a particular extension number, although a caller can initiate more than one callback to different numbers. If a caller attempts to place a callback request on a number that already has a pending callback request, the caller hears a fast-busy tone. If the called number has call forwarding enabled, the callback request is placed against the final destination number.

No configuration is required for this feature. To display a list of phones that have pending callback requests, use the show ephone-dn callback command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wpmkr1128179

Hope this helps!

Rob

EDIT: Hey Paolo, you have shown up my disasterous typing skills again :)

Huff

Hi Mikhail,

This function does not work on our Nortel Meridian system either :( The problem that evolves is how to monitor the PSTN Number. The feature on Nortel is called "Ring Again" and only works with Internal Extensions as well. For all 3 systems, CME, CCM and Nortel you have to use the available Redial Softkey to try recalling External numbers.

Hope this helps!

Rob

One historical note, that I hope Rob can appreciate...

Many years ago, when hayes compatible modem were first introduced, users liked very much the auto redial feature, as the the typical BBS they were calling was often busy.

But, some telco company became convinced that the auto redial was placing burden on the switches, and managed to have legislation passed to prohibit devices from retrying more that a certain number of calls withing a time period!!! Of course, they totally ignored that in most cases, it was the communication software doing the redials, not the modem!

In any case, manufacturers had to obey and disable auto redial for models sold in these countries (I won't say which ones - that's too shameful).

Archeology aside, when selling, try to shift focus from what cisco doesn't do (that is very little) to what it does ...

Hey Paolo,

You have to be "old" to appreciate that one :) And of course I am plenty old enough. Nice work buddy! 5 points for all you do and for adding some levity to things here!

Take care,

Huff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: