Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID of client

We are looking for a way in our call center where we call on behalf of multiple clients for certain calls to be flagged by the clients number. The client is requesting that we instead of having our number blocked push their number, in hopes to increas call success rates. We are currently running call manager 5.1.1.3000-5. our phone provider said it is something we are sending to them that blocks the caller ID and they can send any number needed. If anyone gets what i am talking about has any ideas or needs more information please let me know.

7 Replies 7

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

You can do it by using "External Phone Number Mask" under line settings.

Say Agent-1 with extension 1234 is working for client ABC with number 987-654-4321. Just put this 10 digit number on the external phone number mask of line setting 1234.

HTH

under the route pattern you have an option called:

Calling Line ID Presentation, if you set this to restricted you can block the calling line id you were going to send.

it's also available at translation patterns

this can also be done at the GW level if you have an H323 GW in the dial-peers

if you set the flag to allowed you will send all the info

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for the information the only thing I am thinking may be a problem is that the calls are placed from a hardware dialer and not from the agents actual phone. Our dialer calls their line and they answer to setup the calls. Maybe this will help clear it a little, our dialer that routes through call manager has the ability to use different numbers for different clients but all caller ID is being stripped at a device pool level i believe, i was not here when the system was implemented and i am not well versed in call manager so please bear with me. i am looking basically for call manager which currently sends a code to our phone provider to strip caller id, i would need call manger to identify the fact certain calls are coming from a certain number from the dialer and then not place that code in front of the numbers. thanks in advance for anyone who can help me figure this out.

in CUCM parameters to block the caller id are in route patterns and translation patterns

calling id transformations are in the two above mentioned but also at phone level using the external phone number mask and also at the route group. there is also a parameter at the GW level but it affects all outgoing calls

what kind of GW do you have?

H323 or MGCP?

you could do a debug isdn q931 to look at the call_setup message and find out what info you're sending

HTH

HTH

java

the gateway is a 2811

We are using mgcp

i do not know how to do a debug isdn q931

so if i am following i need to find the route pattern or translation that is the incoming call from the dialer or the extension the dialer is assigned to? we know outgoing calls the dialer does pass off numbers for things like transfer to the clients office. i just need to isolate how cucm identifies the call request from the dialer i assume then i would translate the number for the client XXX-XXX-XXX to send on the line we have that includes ani

if you don't know how to identify which route pattern you use, install and use DNA

for the debug all you need to do is type the command

#term mon

#debug isdn q931

HTH

HTH

java

you could do a debug isdn q931 to look at the call_setup message and find out what info you're sending

i ran the prompt and it just says is on

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: