cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backing up ACS database

j.mccartney
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a heck of a time backing up my ACS. I have an FTP server running on a network share. My question is under the field "Directory" what is the syntax the ACS is looking for? The bullet describing the "Directory" says:

Directory. The "relative path" from the FTP server root directory to the directory where ACS should send backup files.

My FTP server is located under C:\Program Files\Cerberus so what is meant by "relative path"? I've tried just about everything I can think of with no luck.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Jacob-Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Path should be just "/" if you want to drop right into your root ftp directory. If you created a folder call backup under your ftp root directory then use /backup.

You don't need to mess w/ the full path of the installation.

Jacob is correct. Just use "/" and that should fix it.

Regards,

~JG

Thanks to Jacob and JG, I had to change some settings in the Cerberus server itself to get it working. All is good now.

John

cleidh_mor
Level 1
Level 1

Relative path simply means the path from the directory that holds your FTP server's root. So if your FTP server's root is in C:\Program Files\Cerebus, and that folder contained another folder called 'ACS DB', where you wished to backup the DB to, then the relative path would simply be 'ACS DB\'

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: