cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backing up ACS database

j.mccartney
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a heck of a time backing up my ACS. I have an FTP server running on a network share. My question is under the field "Directory" what is the syntax the ACS is looking for? The bullet describing the "Directory" says:

Directory. The "relative path" from the FTP server root directory to the directory where ACS should send backup files.

My FTP server is located under C:\Program Files\Cerberus so what is meant by "relative path"? I've tried just about everything I can think of with no luck.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Jacob-Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Path should be just "/" if you want to drop right into your root ftp directory. If you created a folder call backup under your ftp root directory then use /backup.

You don't need to mess w/ the full path of the installation.

Jacob is correct. Just use "/" and that should fix it.

Regards,

~JG

Thanks to Jacob and JG, I had to change some settings in the Cerberus server itself to get it working. All is good now.

John

cleidh_mor
Level 1
Level 1

Relative path simply means the path from the directory that holds your FTP server's root. So if your FTP server's root is in C:\Program Files\Cerebus, and that folder contained another folder called 'ACS DB', where you wished to backup the DB to, then the relative path would simply be 'ACS DB\'

HTH