cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Changes - VLAN ?

a.goldsmith
Level 1
Level 1

Change Audit messages saying that the Vlan information has changed?

Application : Archive Mgmt

RME Server : c2k062

Device : rivashs1

Category : CONFIG_CHANGE

Connection Mode : TELNET

Time : Thu Feb 21 08:54:58 EST 2008

User : ciscoworks

Description : System config collection job : VLAN-RUNNING

Do I need to backup the VLAN information? How can I stop it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By default, the vlan config will be backed up with the running config. However, the vlan.dat file is opaque data, so RME really can't detect if a change has occurred. It's default behavior is to err on the side of caution, and report a change. However, if you do not want a change record to be generated for vlan.dat, check the "Enable vlan Change Audit Filter" box under RME > Administration > Change Audit > Config Change Filter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By default, the vlan config will be backed up with the running config. However, the vlan.dat file is opaque data, so RME really can't detect if a change has occurred. It's default behavior is to err on the side of caution, and report a change. However, if you do not want a change record to be generated for vlan.dat, check the "Enable vlan Change Audit Filter" box under RME > Administration > Change Audit > Config Change Filter.

Ok thanks, I've turned this on.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: