cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN IOS Upgrade

anjery1234
Level 1
Level 1

I doing an IOS upgrade for a catalyst 3560-24ps over the wan and I'm just not able to transfert the ios code from my tftp server to the flash.

It worked fine in the test lab.

The error i'm getting is "Transmit error while sending to 10.230.x.x(this is my remote box): The connection is reset by remote side"

Please help.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Before you upgrade the IOS in that switch, make sure there's enough space in that Flash. Your upgrade will fail if there's not enough space to store the new image.

You might have to delete the old image first in order to make room before upgrading it.

do a "show flash", and it will tell you how much space you've left on that flash card.

If you're using Windows XP workstation, you can have FTP server installed on your workstation and upgrade your switch the same way.

copy ftp flash

enter your workstation ip

enter the file_name

confirm destination file_name

hth,

hieu

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hieu Cao
Level 4
Level 4

Have you tried ftp instead of tftp?

hth,

hieu

- I open the tftp server,

- from the switch, I did copy tftp:c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-35.SE1.bin flas

The file transfert was going fine, then i got the eror message.

I retried it many times, no luck.

I'm not sure how to use ftp in this case.

Please help.

Before you upgrade the IOS in that switch, make sure there's enough space in that Flash. Your upgrade will fail if there's not enough space to store the new image.

You might have to delete the old image first in order to make room before upgrading it.

do a "show flash", and it will tell you how much space you've left on that flash card.

If you're using Windows XP workstation, you can have FTP server installed on your workstation and upgrade your switch the same way.

copy ftp flash

enter your workstation ip

enter the file_name

confirm destination file_name

hth,

hieu

Last night, i was doing the upgrade from home (through vpn).

I tried everything and was not able to transfert the file (ios) from the tftp to the remote flash.

I finally gave up.

I went in the office in the morning; just repeat the same thing, it worked like a charm.

I guess it was a connection/speed/bandwith issue.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card