cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAN design/Config Help

mzarei123
Level 1
Level 1

I am new with Cisco and like to learn some basic and advance Cisco equipments (Router, Switch & PIX)configuration.

I have the following devices:

Wireless linksys router (1)

Cisco 2600 router (1)

Cisco 1700 router (1)

Cisco catalyst 3500 switch (2)

Cisco PIX 506E(1)

I need help to setup and configure these in my network in order to get ready for Cisco certifications. I appreciate any help or advise on where I can get help.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

sanchezej
Level 1
Level 1

Im not sure what you are really asking but you can configure most scenarios with what you have. The linksys is moot and the pix will help very little unless you are going on for security. Depending what type of 3500 you have... for example 3550s... then you can set those up as layer 3 devices and use those as psuedo routers (layer 3 devices).

I am looking for someone or someplace to walk me through connections and configurations. I need the very basic, such as connect what to what, do I need static IP addresses for my Cisco devices.

do I need to purchase cisco smart package and will they walk me through this step by step?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card